AFFORDABLE CARE ACT TAX. Short Term health insurance is health insurance outside of the Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare"). It does not include all ten of the minimum essential benefits of Obamacare and it does not cover pre-existing conditions. To learn more about the tax, its exemptions, and how to calculate the affordability of short term health with the tax, see here. To learn more about the differences between Short Term health insurance and Obamacare, see here.
Need low-cost health insurance? Get a Short Term plan.
If you’re searching for health insurance options, consider Short Term health insurance. Short Term health insurance is health coverage that is used for a defined period of time. Coverage duration is flexible to meet your specific needs; in most states, you can get coverage up to 364 days. At Agile Health Insurance, we specialize in Short Term health insurance plans that provide affordable health insurance to people who may be between jobs or need for coverage until they can enroll in another plan. Agile Health Insurance plans are designed to be not only affordable, but flexible to meet your individual needs.
Short Term health insurance may be the right choice if you:
- Have missed the Annual Open Enrollment periods for Marketplace plans
- Have a waiting period before you can enroll in another program
- Are in between jobs or have been laid off
- Are looking for a less expensive alternative to COBRA
- Are a part-time or temporary worker
- Are a student, a recent graduate or have aged out of your parent’s plan
- Are waiting for your employer benefits to start
- Have retired but are too young for Medicare
Join the hundreds of thousands of people who are choosing Short Term health insurance. Protect yourself from the devastating financial costs of an unexpected injury or illness. Get the protection you need and the affordable customizable coverage you want with an Agile Health Insurance Short Term health insurance plan.
Read more about 'What is Short Term Health Insurance?'
Individual and Family Health Plans
Short Term health insurance plans have very inexpensive premiums. Agile Health Insurance plans may cost half of what’s being charged for Marketplace plans, sometimes called Obamacare or Affordable Care Act (ACA) plans.
You can buy it right now
You can purchase your Short Term health insurance at any time. You don’t have to wait for an enrollment period. You could have coverage as soon as tomorrow.
Choose your doctor or hospital
You choose your healthcare providers. Agile Health Insurance plans typically have a broad network of healthcare providers and are accepted at many of the top hospitals and cancer centers in the U.S.
Designed to protect your finances and your health
Short Term health insurance is designed to protect your finances. A major injury or illness can devastate you financially. It’s not worth the risk to go uncovered. Agile Health Insurance also believes if you have a Short Term health insurance plan, no matter how short or long, it should protect your health by providing more coverage than a typical short-term health insurance plans.
Compare the benefits of Agile Health Insurance plans including options for discount drug cards, dental and vision insurance.
Read more about 'Why Buy Short Term Health Insurance?'
Temporary Medical Insurance
How do Short Term health insurance plans compare to other health insurance plans
What are the benefits of Short Term health insurance vs. other health plans?
- Very affordable and may cost half of what is charged for a Marketplace plans
- You can apply for insurance any time during the year - no enrollment periods
- Monthly premium savings can be used to buy other care such as dental or vision coverage
- Coverage and benefits are customizable, choose what best fits your needs
- Includes a broad network of healthcare providers and is accepted at many of the top hospitals and cancer centers in the U.S.
- Premiums do not increase during the coverage period defined by the term
- No coverage of pre-existing medical conditions
- Your health status is evaluated as part of application approval process
- Prescription drugs may not be covered (but we do offer a prescription drug discount card)
- Some benefits are not covered (e.g. maternity coverage is excluded)
- People with certain chronic conditions or poor health would not be served well by a Short Term health insurance product
Read more about 'The Pros & Cons of Short Term Health Insurance'
If you’re looking for low premiums while still maintaining a choice of doctors, and having protection against a major injury or illness, a Term Health Insurance plan may be your best choice. See how much money you can save with a Short Term health insurance plan from Agile Health Insurance.