What Is Short Term Health Insurance?
Short term health insurance is major medical insurance that is purchased for a defined period of time and generally has a much lower monthly premium than other forms of major medical health insurance. There are two other big advantages of short term health insurance over other forms of major medical insurance such as an Obamacare (ACA) plan or an employer plan. First, you can use your short term health insurance plan to pay for services from ANY doctor or hospital. Yes you can keep your doctor! Second, short term health insurance plans have no open enrollment restrictions so you can apply at anytime. You will be notified within minutes if your application is approved, and you can use your coverage as early as the next day! At AgileHealthInsurance, we specialize in affordable short term health insurance plans, and we are committed to offering consumers affordable health insurance choices.
Will Short Term Health Insurance Work For Me?
Short term health insurance might be right for you if you:
- Have missed the annual Open Enrollment periods for Obamacare/ACA plans
- Have a waiting period before you can enroll in another major medical insurance plan
- Are in between jobs, a part-time or temporary worker, or looking for a less expensive alternative to COBRA.
- Are a student, a recent graduate, or have aged out of your parent’s health plan
- Have retired but are too young for Medicare
- Your preferred doctor or hospital doesn't accept Obamacare or an Obamacare plan isn't available in your area.
- Like millions of Americans, you simply can’t afford Obamacare
Read more about 'What is Short Term Health Insurance?'
Why Short Term Health Insurance?
Short term health insurance plans have premiums that are more affordable. AgileHealthInsurance offers plans that may cost half of what’s being charged for Obamacare or Affordable Care Act (ACA) plans.
Choose your doctor or hospital
You can choose your short term health insurance plan to pay for services from ANY doctor or hospital. Yes, you can keep your doctor! With most short term plans, you will also receive discounted provider network rates.
Lower your deductible
An AgileHealthInsurance short term health insurance plan will allow you to select a deductible as low as $250.* AgileHealthInsurance offers its customers an opportunity to lower their deductible. You can apply in minutes and be covered tomorrow.
Designed to protect your finances and your health
Short Term health insurance is designed to protect your finances and health. A major health incident such as an injury or illness can devastate you financially. It’s not worth the risk to go uncovered. Compare the benefits of the numerous offerings on AgileHealthInsurance.
Read more about 'Why Buy Short Term Health Insurance?'
What are the pros and cons of Short Term Health Insurance?
- Very affordable and may cost half of what is charged for an Obamacare/ACA plan.
- You can apply for insurance any time during the year - no enrollment periods.
- Lower deductibles than Obamacare plans.
- Coverage and benefits are flexible, choose what best fits your needs
- Unrestricted networks so you can see any doctor or hospital that you want; many plans also offer broad discounted networks of healthcare providers that provide access to many of the top hospitals and cancer centers in the United States.
- Premiums cannot increase during the coverage period
- Short term plans are creditable coverage under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- No coverage of pre-existing medical conditions
- Your health status is evaluated as part of the application approval process
- Prescription drugs may not be covered
- Some benefits are not covered (e.g. maternity coverage is excluded)
- People with certain chronic conditions or poor health would not be served well by a short term health insurance product
Read more about 'The Pros & Cons of Short Term Health Insurance'
If you’re looking for low premiums while still maintaining a choice of doctors and having protection against injury or illness, a short term health insurance plan may be a great option. See how much money you can save with a short term health insurance plan from AgileHealthInsurance.
How Do I Apply for Short Term Health Insurance?
Applying for short term health insurance through AgileHealthInsurance is easy. Click the link above, and follow the simple application process. If you are approved, you can get coverage starting as soon as the next day!
Get covered by these carriers
AgileHealthInsurance works with the best insurance companies in short term health insurance to bring you a quality health insurance plan at an affordable rate.
*Quote on AgileHealthInsurance in zip code 60609.
AFFORDABLE CARE ACT TAX. Short term health insurance is health insurance outside of the Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare"). It does not include all ten of the minimum essential benefits of Obamacare and it does not cover pre-existing conditions. To learn more about the tax, its exemptions, and how to calculate the affordability of short term health with the tax, see here. To learn more about the differences between Short term health insurance and Obamacare, see here.