What is Teladoc?
A telemedicine solution that solves the three biggest issues in healthcare: Access, Cost, and Quality:
- 24/7 availability
- Available in most states
How It Works
Teladoc is a fantastic product offered by AgileHealthInsurance and a great way to take control of your health care. But what is it? It’s simple. Teladoc is the nation's leading telehealth service. Whenever you feel unwell or have a health question, you can receive convenient, quality care from a variety of licensed healthcare professionals. Teladoc doctors are available anytime, day or night.
1. Request a visit with a doctor 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Requests can be made by web, phone, or mobile app. Want to see the doctor with whom you’re speaking? Choose “video” as the method for your visit. Feeling camera shy? Choose “phone.” Got a busy schedule? Select a time that’s best for you by choosing “schedule” instead of “as soon as possible.”
Teladoc will search its network of U.S. board-certified physicians, dermatologists, and therapists and pair you with a doctor licensed in your state.
2. Talk to the doctor. Take as much time as you need…. there’s no limit! Teladoc leads the market with the industry’s most comprehensive suite of telehealth services. You can receive convenient, quality care from a variety of licensed healthcare professionals.
3. If medically necessary, a prescription will be sent to the pharmacy of your choice. Receive the treatment you need in a timely, expedient manner. In addition, you have the ability to send your visit results to your primary care physician.
Teladoc doctors can diagnose many health issues like cold and flu symptoms, allergies, ear infection, rash, and skin problems and so much more! Here is a small sample of things Teladoc doctors have treated in the last year:
- Abdominal Pain/Cramps
- Acid Reflux
- Animal/Insect bite
- Blood Pressure issues
- Bowel/Digestive issues
- Eye Infection/Irritation
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Pink eye
- Poison Ivy/Oak
- Respiratory infection
- Skin Injury
- Sore throat
- Sprains & Strains
- UTI/Urinary issues
- Vaginal/menstrual issues
- Yeast infection
Just call 1-800-Teladoc and provide your Teladoc account information.
How To Register
How to get started
From the day you enroll, it takes two days for your account to be created on Teladoc. After those two days, you will need to register on Teladoc’s website to complete the enrollment process.
Below you will find a step-by-step guide to registration. Once your registration is complete, you can schedule a consultation with one of Teladoc’s thousands of doctors nationwide 24/7.
Simple Steps For Account Registeration
- Visit member.teladoc.com/registrations
- Enter your personal information.
- Under “Do you have a username?,” select “No, I don't know my username.”
- Under “How did you find out about Teladoc?,” select “My employer or insurance provider offers me access to Teladoc.”
- Type in ‘Agile Health Insurance’ under “Who is your employer or insurance provider?” and select it from the drop-down menu.
- Click CONTINUE.
- Proceed with entering your new account information.
Do I talk to “real doctors”?
Yes. Teladoc members talk to actual doctors who are U.S. board-certified internists, state-licensed family practitioners, and pediatricians licensed to practice medicine in the U.S. and living in the U.S. When you request a visit, Teladoc will connect you with a doctor licensed in your state.
What are some of the common conditions Teladoc treats?
Common conditions include sinus problems, respiratory infection, allergies, urinary tract infection, cold and flu symptoms, and many other non-emergency illnesses.
Can Teladoc handle my emergency situations?
No, Teladoc is designed to handle non-emergency medical problems. You should NOT use Teladoc if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
Can I request a particular doctor?
You cannot request a particular doctor. Teladoc is designed to support your relationship with your existing doctor. It is not a means of establishing an exclusive relationship with one of our doctors. All Teladoc doctors are board-certified, state-licensed and go through rigorous training and credentialing.
Can I get a prescription?
Teladoc does not guarantee prescriptions. It is up to the doctor to recommend the best treatment. Teladoc doctors do not issue prescriptions for substances controlled by the DEA, non-therapeutic, and/or certain other drugs which may be harmful because of their potential for abuse. Also, non-therapeutic drugs such as Viagra and Cialis are not prescribed by Teladoc doctors.
How are prescriptions sent to the pharmacy?
If the doctor prescribes medication, it is submitted electronically (SureScripts) or by phone to the pharmacy of your choice. Teladoc itself does not dispense prescription drugs.
Is my electronic health record kept private?
Health records are kept private and and robust encryption methods are used to protect your personal information. You determine who can see the information in your record.
Can I be turned down for a pre-existing condition?
Patients are not turned away because of pre-existing conditions.
Can I call Teladoc outside of the United States?
Teladoc visits are unavailable outside of the United States.
Is Teladoc available in all 50 states and the District of Columbia?
Teladoc is available in most states.
Please call (877) 353-0962
Teladoc is a continuous billing product with no termination date. If you would like to cancel, please call (877) 353-0962
For other questions regarding your Teladoc subscription, please email at call us at (877) 353-0962
We pledge to be:
- Experts Knowledgeable in Short-Term Medical